Autumn is the spring of winter but also the extension of summer. Take off your jackets, sit on your deck, and let the sun’s rays warm your face. Celebrate with us the apple season with this fresh cocktail of apple syrup and Hanami beer.
Apple syrup and cardamom
– 4 apples cut in cubes without them
nuclei and tail (keep the skin)
-1/2 fresh lemon
-1/2 cup of sugar
-1 cup of water
-A pinch of ground cardamom
1. Put all the ingredients in a cauldron
2. Bring to a boil and lower the fire at low level
3. Simmer 15 minutes
4. Empty the apples from the cauldron with a fine sieve and keep only the syrup
5. Pour the collected syrup into a separate container
6. Let cool
For the cocktail:
-Vodka Quebec Azimut
-Vermett (vintage red vermouth),
– Hanami Beer
-Branch of rosemary
1. Put the ice cubes in the shaker and add the spirits and syrup.
2. Shake everything vigorously for about 10 seconds.
3. Combine with your strainer and pour into a white wine cup filled with ice cubes.
4. Toppez with Hanami Beer
5. Take a touch of orange, press lightly around the edge of your glass. Then put the zest in the cocktail.
6. Decorate your cocktail with a fresh rosemary branch.
Note: You will have with 4 apples and a bottle of Hanami beer about 4 cocktails. For more cocktails, simply double the recipe!
About the author, Claudia Doyon