The Pitayana is already very close to the ultimate refreshment but when it is turned into a cocktail … Here’s how to make your Pitayana cocktail!
Pitayana beer syrup:
-2 cups of Pitayana beer
-1 cup of sugar
1. Go cold in a nonstick saucepan and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Watch well while stirring regularly.
2. (Meanwhile, enjoy the last sip of beer from the can!)
3. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 4 minutes. Sieve and put the syrup in a container. You will get about 1/2 liter of syrup.
4. Let cool in the air for a few minutes.
For the cocktail
-1/2 oz Luxardo Maraschino
-1/2 oz Pisco
-1 oz Mezcal
-1oz beer syrup
-1/2 lemon squeezed
-1 egg white
-1 piece of ginger
1. Put the piece of ginger in the shaker and crush it with a pestle.
Add ice cream and spirits to your shaker.
3. Put the egg white, half lemon and add 4 dashes of orange bitters
5. Shake everything vigorously for about 15 seconds.
6. Using your strainer and a small colander, pour into the glass of your choice.
About the author, Claudia Doyon