The Vladimir QC
The cold temperature is now well installed. We are now looking for comfort. This “Old fashioned” style cocktail with a bitterness worthy of a negroni will surprise you. This powerful and bitter cocktail will certainly be able to warm up even your coldest evenings.
Syrup with beer S.I.A POPOV Russian imperial stout
-1/2 beer S.I.R POPOV, Russian Imperial Stout
-1/4 cup sugar
-1 tablespoon of honey
-The peel of two clementines
1. Start cold beer with clementine peel, sugar and honey in a nonstick saucepan and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Watch well while stirring regularly.
2. (Meanwhile, savor the other half of the beer!)
3. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 4 minutes. Sieve and put the syrup in a container.
4. Let cool in the air for a few minutes.
For the cocktail
-2oz of bourbon Maker’s Mark
-1oz syrup with beer
-2 strokes of chocolate bitter
-1 dash of orange bitters
-A branch of balsam fir
-Zeste d’orange flambé
1. Pour syrup and bourbon in an old fashion.
2. Add ice and bitters to your glass.
3. Stir all with a long spoon
4. Decorate with orange zest and a fir branch.
5. Sprinkle some ground cardamom.
About the author, Claudia Doyon